Simplifying the path to success
Corporate law isn't for the uninitiated. By trying to handle the finer points of corporate governance, policy manuals and employee handbooks, shareholder, vendor, or employee agreements – or even company formation and dissolution without legal counsel, you could be putting your assets, employees, and reputation in jeopardy. At the Solomon Law Firm, our business attorneys help Houston companies navigate business law with ease.
Smart business owners know the importance of practical, educated experience when dealing with the complexities of business law. From the biggest corporations to the smallest family-owned ventures, every company can benefit from the aid of professional legal counsel from business start-up and planning to handling day to day operations and issues.
Learn more about how our business lawyers in Houston can save you time, money, and hassle.
Our business attorneys work with private and public companies on a broad spectrum of corporate legal matters, including:
- Incorporation: In addition to helping you with your Articles of Incorporation and Operating Agreements, we’ll help you through the process of registering new Corporations, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Corporations (LLCs).
- Foreign Companies: If your company is located outside the United States we can help form the subsidiary company you need so you can open your operations here, and we can help you bring your key employees here through immigration to manage your business.
- Shareholder and Member Agreements: We’ll help you make sense of the complex details involved in shareholder and member agreements and procedures. Mergers and Acquisitions: Mergers, sales, auctions, purchases, and acquisitions require finesse and skill. Our representation is designed to help you protect your company's investments and assets.
- Employment & Management Agreements: We create and help interpret employment and management agreements to cover your business needs and contingencies.
- Partner & Shareholder Disputes: Our corporate attorneys are adept at dealing with the conflicts that can arise between partners or shareholders. We'll facilitate negotiations, assist in communication, and craft new documents or agreements to help resolve the dispute.
- Employee Claims: Employment law can be hazardous for those who are not trained in the law. At The Solomon Law Firm, we understand federal and state employment laws, including discrimination and retaliation (EEOC) claims, overtime, wage and hour (FLSA) claims, and Department of Labor (DOL) investigations and claims.
- Succession Planning and Buy/Sell Agreements: Even small companies should be thinking of succession planning because no one knows when key members of the company will no longer be available to perform their jobs. We can help with this succession planning process, including where appropriate, Buy/Sell Agreements between or among the owners.
Contact our Houston business law lawyers today for more information about our corporate law services. If appropriate we will schedule a complimentary meeting so we can discuss the matter with you in greater detail.
Business & Corporate Law Articles
Choices for the Business Owner
Whether you are just starting a business, or you have been in business for a while, there are important things to consider about your business....read the entire article
When and Why Do I Need to Register My Company to Transact Business in Texas?
If you have a company that is incorporated in a state other than Texas (it is called a “foreign corporation”), it can still transact business in Texas legally if you follow the rules. There is a requirement that it first register to do business in Texas...read the entire article
By Lee Solomon